Friday, 27 February 2015

Journal 6

The Myth of Technology.




I believe technology has improved many peoples lives while also hindering lives. I believe the same for me. This applies to all, even governments and nations alike. From a personal stand-point I believe my life has been improved from technology. I know this because the internet has helped me wonders through out school. I put a lot into the internet for my success in school. I also believe that technology has hindered me. I say this because I cannot live without my cellphone. This goes for many other people in the world. I use my cellphone daily and it's probably my most used item. I believe it has hindered me socially as many others. With the fast improvement of everyday technology also means the fast improvement of weaponry. Nations and government has used the technological advances to build very destructive weapons. A huge portion of Middle Eastern terror groups weaponry tactics are due to improved technology. With I.E.D's being the number one leading factor of death among US soldiers in the Iraq-Afghanistan War. Cell Phones have also been a significant factor in terror attacks. Including 9/11. But that doesn't mean technology is not saving as much lives as it's ending. Many technological advancements in the medical field is saving many lives that probably could not be saved 50 years ago. The improvement of technology has it's Pros and Cons associated with it. I believe technology has greatly benefited only a modern day civilian rather than someone who lives in a third world. Advancement in technology only truly benefits a certain demographic of people, people that live in advanced countries such as Canada or the USA.



3 comments:

  1. This is a good, thoughtful treatment of your topic. Try to break your writing into shorter, more reader-friendly paragraphs. I think you could end the first paragraph at"...hindered me socially as many others." Because you switch your focus a bit after that, it is a good place to begin a new paragraph.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll put your journals in at 12/20 for the first four. Try to get some more entries done and I'll put a mark in for your second set. You could be getting 18/20 or better if you complete 2 journal entries a week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a good, thoughtful treatment of your topic. Try to break your writing into shorter, more reader-friendly paragraphs. I think you could end the first paragraph at"...hindered me socially as many others." Because you switch your focus a bit after that, it is a good place to begin a new paragraph.

    ReplyDelete